Friday, March 5, 2010

Easter Banner

The Easter banner is finally complete! It turned out a lot more pink & blue than I expected, and VERY frilly, which I guess I should've expected, but in general I'm pleased with it. I've made a lot of banners before now, but for this one there were some firsts: I used my new "A Child's Year" cartridge for the Cricut to cut out the Easter silhouettes. I love that cartridge! I'm going to be using it a lot, I think. It's got a fantastic font, in addition to so many lovely silhouette cuts. Really fab! The next first was that I finally opened some of my Martha Stewart glitter, and used it for the first time...and now I think I've found my new obsession. I've used lots of other glitters in the past, but Martha's glitter -- I don't know what it is, but it is the bomb. Go run out and get yourself some!

Anyway, now that this little project is behind me, I can turn all of my creative attention to getting ready for the big Easter crafting party that Kari and I are hosting next week. Can't wait to tell you all about it!







P.S. Just added these new beauties to the Etsy shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shop my Etsy Store!

Shop Kari's Etsy Store: Pixie Dust Linens!

25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong Flickr Group

www.flickr.com
items in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong More in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong pool

Copyright Information

Copyright 2008-2011. Photos, text and artwork are property of Alison Creed. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission, but please feel free to link back to this blog. Thank you.

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Counting My Blessings Stitchalong!

Paris Petite Box Swap

Paris Petite Box Swap

Join the Party!

39 Squares

Secret Garden Swap!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from dishyvintage. Make your own badge here.

Dishy Vintage's Fan Box

Blogs I Love