Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crafting Party Sneak Peek and News of a New Hobby

The party planning is coming along! I've gotten a lot done in advance, but there is still so much to do. Here are a few sneak peeks! First, some of the candy I made. I did these darling buttons:

And these lovely hearts:

I also did little flowers. I'm planning to make Easter basket cupcakes (if time allows), and I've purchased a truckload of Cadbury Mini-Eggs and Easter M&M's. Hope I've got enough! The house is decorated:

And I've gathered most of the crafting supplies. Still not sure how to display them all....


Finally, news of a new hobby (?!). I've been wanting to try free stitching for awhile, but then I saw news of the 39 Squares project, and I wanted to join in on the fun! I used to do a lot of cross stitching when I was in high school and college, but haven't done any embroidery in years. I'm pretty rusty! But I got some new supplies this morning, and now I'm ready to begin.

We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to get a lot done in the car while we're on our West Texas/New Mexico road trip. To learn more about the 39 squares project, visit the blog here. Hopefully, I'll have a square to post tomorrow! And party pics will follow at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shop my Etsy Store!

Shop Kari's Etsy Store: Pixie Dust Linens!

25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong Flickr Group

www.flickr.com
items in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong More in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong pool

Copyright Information

Copyright 2008-2011. Photos, text and artwork are property of Alison Creed. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission, but please feel free to link back to this blog. Thank you.

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Counting My Blessings Stitchalong!

Paris Petite Box Swap

Paris Petite Box Swap

Join the Party!

39 Squares

Secret Garden Swap!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from dishyvintage. Make your own badge here.

Dishy Vintage's Fan Box

Blogs I Love