For awhile now, I've been wanting to do an "art" journal. I wasn't exactly sure what mine would be like, and frankly, I was intimidated by the whole idea. I got as far as going to Michael's to buy a watercolor paper book (which is what I wanted to use as my base), but then it sat on the shelf in my office for weeks. Every now and then I'd see it and consider starting to work on it, and then I wouldn't..... Fear.
Then I decided that being intimidated by a little blank watercolor book was ridiculous. There was no reason not to get started. So, get started I did. Tonight I worked on the cover. I think I like the way it all came together:
I covered the binding with a vintage pink velvet ribbon, and left it long enough to act as a bookmark. I pinned a vintage pin to the end of it for a little extra bling. (There's never enough bling!) Then I covered the front with a mix of vintage papers and scrapbooking papers, added cardstock embellishments and rub-ons, and finally finished with some antique lace and tatting.