Thursday, June 25, 2009

Is it Houston? Or the surface of the sun?

Back in April, the weather was balmy. In the morning, I would open every window in the house that was equipped with a screen, and let the wonderful cool spring air flow through the house. In the evening, the hubs and I would sit outside and drink wine and watch the kids play on the swing set.

This lovely scene persisted for so long this past spring that I was lulled into forgetting that I live in south Texas. I started thinking silly things like, "It's not that hot here!" and "Why have I complained about the weather before? I love the weather here!" and "Even California can't compete with this weather!"

Well, surely you see where this is headed.

It's not just hot here now -- it's scorching hot. Like WAY over 100 degrees hot. The patches of our grass that do not get shade or copious amounts of water are fried up to a crispy brown crisp. Wine on the patio? Ha! It's even too hot to let the kids swim in the pool. Hot, hot, hot.

So, for those of you who live in cooler climates, cheers to you! (Can we come visit?)

And for those of you who are suffering in the south, I say pass the iced tea, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shop my Etsy Store!

Shop Kari's Etsy Store: Pixie Dust Linens!

25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong Flickr Group

www.flickr.com
items in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong More in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong pool

Copyright Information

Copyright 2008-2011. Photos, text and artwork are property of Alison Creed. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission, but please feel free to link back to this blog. Thank you.

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Counting My Blessings Stitchalong!

Paris Petite Box Swap

Paris Petite Box Swap

Join the Party!

39 Squares

Secret Garden Swap!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from dishyvintage. Make your own badge here.

Dishy Vintage's Fan Box

Blogs I Love