Monday, January 18, 2010

Girls' Weekend



This past weekend I traveled to San Antonio with my friend Kari to visit our dear friend Christin, who recently moved home after living here in Houston for many years. We had such a wonderful time, catching up while shopping and consuming an alarming amount of Mexican food.

Christin took us to the most wonderful store: Fiesta on Main. Every inch of this incredible place is stuffed with fantastic treasures from Mexico. I took lots of pictures, but even the pictures can't fully capture how great this store is! From the paper flowers to the pinatas to the clothes, it was so fun!

We found a few really interesting items, like the glittered picture of the last supper (I'll put glitter on anything, but this was surprising even to me), and the sequined applique of the Virgin Mary. I bought several dozen confetti eggs for Easter, as well as the "Eternal Love" metal art piece which is now on my front door.

But my favorite purchase of the weekend was my Saints charm bracelet: love it! As I told the girls, I felt safer (protected) just as soon as I put it on.

Such a lovely weekend with the girls! Thanks, Christin! Can't wait to get back to San Antonio soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shop my Etsy Store!

Shop Kari's Etsy Store: Pixie Dust Linens!

25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong Flickr Group

www.flickr.com
items in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong More in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong pool

Copyright Information

Copyright 2008-2011. Photos, text and artwork are property of Alison Creed. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission, but please feel free to link back to this blog. Thank you.

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Counting My Blessings Stitchalong!

Paris Petite Box Swap

Paris Petite Box Swap

Join the Party!

39 Squares

Secret Garden Swap!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from dishyvintage. Make your own badge here.

Dishy Vintage's Fan Box

Blogs I Love