Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Cupcake and the Ice Cream Cone & Some Random Musings

Allow me to take a brief break today from all things crafty and vintage, to brag on my girls a bit.  I try not to post pics on them in this blog, but I just had to share these Halloween pics with you.  My oldest daughter fell hard for this cupcake costume.  I think it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen!  But my youngest daughter had her heart set on being a pink frothy princess.  Which was okay -- in all of their little lives, my girls have never coordinated at Halloween -- they've always done their own thing.

Anyway, as luck would have it, the frothy pink princess costume was sold out, so she reconsidered and decided that she wanted to be an ice cream cone.  Hooray!  Two cute costumes, kind of coordinating, and a break from the parade of princesses that we usually have year after year after year.....


What a blessing these two little girls are!  Halloween was such fun this year.  I hope you had a great day, as well!

In other news, it's rainy and cold today here in the tropics of south Texas (and by cold, I mean in the 50's).  I'm so glad for the change, actually.  While the girls are at school I'm planning lots of Earl Grey, some reading, crafting, and maybe even catching up on my favorite SyFy shows that are adding up on the DVR.  Sounds kinda perfect, no?  Tonight I'm making sausage and chicken jambalaya from a recipe I adapted years ago from the original River Road Cookbook (a true classic from the Junior League of Baton Rouge).  I think it's a great meal for a cold, wet day.

One last random thing: for those of you who share my almost 20 year-long obsession with Law & Order, I have exciting news for you: Law & Order UK!!!!!!!!!!  It's British L&O, on BBC America.  Same L&O (basically), but with wigs!  Awesome!! And the absolute best part:

  Yes, ladies, that is Jamie Bamber  -- most recently known as Apollo on Battlestar Galactica.  (Given my previous Star Wars themed posts, I hope it does not come as a surprise to you that I am a huge geek. The remake of BSG was one of the best series on TV, in my humble opinion, and I still miss it.  And Jamie Bamber.)  Anyhow, talk about a double geek-out!  A new L&O series, and Apollo?   Wow.  Be still my beating heart!

Thanks for hanging with me today for this randomness.  I'll be back tomorrow with the usual lace & glitter.  :)

Alison

1 comment:

  1. Those costumes are ADORABLE!!!!! So cute that they matched this year. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shop my Etsy Store!

Shop Kari's Etsy Store: Pixie Dust Linens!

25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong Flickr Group

www.flickr.com
items in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong More in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong pool

Copyright Information

Copyright 2008-2011. Photos, text and artwork are property of Alison Creed. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission, but please feel free to link back to this blog. Thank you.

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Counting My Blessings Stitchalong!

Paris Petite Box Swap

Paris Petite Box Swap

Join the Party!

39 Squares

Secret Garden Swap!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from dishyvintage. Make your own badge here.

Dishy Vintage's Fan Box

Blogs I Love