Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Fun New Swap, a House Update, and an IKEA Shout-Out


I'm so excited that Heather is doing another fun petite box swap -- this one with a black and white theme.  Spots are limited, so if you're interested, run on over to her blog, Speckled Egg, and sign up!  I'm feeling inspired to do something spooky for this one; visions of the Munsters are coming to mind.  :)

In other news, we are still living at a hotel.  Of course, it's a huge blessing to have a place to live, but it's been 3 weeks now, and we are looking forward to going home soon.  They were in the process of staining/coating the new hardwood floors this week, so we are hopeful that we may be able to partially move back over the long Labor Day weekend. 

I made a pilgrimage to Ikea today.  We are very fortunate to have a huge (and I mean Death Star huge!) Ikea only 5 minutes away.  But the truth is that I rarely go, because it's so big and so crowded -- you kind of have to psych yourself up for it.  But I need a new desk for my office (I've been using a large folding table as a "temporary" desk for the last 2 years), so today I ventured over there, arriving right at opening time.  I found my new desk (I'll post pics soon) and I have my eye on some new bookshelves as well.  It's hard to beat those Ikea prices, I tell ya!  But the big news was what I found in the housewares area:  towels and aprons covered with cupcakes!!!



Sorry about this kind of weird far-away picture of the apron, but it was all I could find on the web.  The towels are darling, too, and I think the set of 3 was $7.99.  Just can't beat that!

Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. cheers to ikea and star wars references.

    hope you are back on your home planet soon. :)

    enjoy the weekend ~

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shop my Etsy Store!

Shop Kari's Etsy Store: Pixie Dust Linens!

25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong Flickr Group

www.flickr.com
items in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong More in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong pool

Copyright Information

Copyright 2008-2011. Photos, text and artwork are property of Alison Creed. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission, but please feel free to link back to this blog. Thank you.

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Counting My Blessings Stitchalong!

Paris Petite Box Swap

Paris Petite Box Swap

Join the Party!

39 Squares

Secret Garden Swap!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from dishyvintage. Make your own badge here.

Dishy Vintage's Fan Box

Blogs I Love