Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sweet Angels and Reindeer Christmas Journal




A few weeks ago at an estate sale I found this darling children's magazine from the 1950's. It wasn't in very good condition, but the illustration on the cover was just so darling that I had to bring it home. I knew I wanted to do something with it, but couldn't stand to lose the original, so I made a color copy of the illustration onto cardstock, and voila! The idea for a new journal was born.

This time I chose a lined journal, instead of my usual watercolor paper journal. I decided to try something different, with the idea in mind that someone might want a more traditional journal instead of a journal intended for art journaling. I covered the front and back with yellow cardstock, and then added the vintage illustration (which I had already added glitter to because, well, I can't help myself with the glitter). Usually, I like to layer a lot of vintage papers and vintage laces on top of my journals, but with this one I decided to keep it simple because I didn't want to take away from the illustration. I added felt trim and some vintage lace to make a frame. Finally, I glued on a few vintage foil holly leaves (a find of Kari's from awhile back) and a little more sparkle.

A fun project that has already got me in the Christmas mood! I feel a Christmas crafting blitz coming on....

Oh, one last thing: Go Horned Frogs!!! Is that a BCS Bowl Game I smell???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shop my Etsy Store!

Shop Kari's Etsy Store: Pixie Dust Linens!

25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong Flickr Group

www.flickr.com
items in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong More in 25 Days of Christmas Stitchalong pool

Copyright Information

Copyright 2008-2011. Photos, text and artwork are property of Alison Creed. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission, but please feel free to link back to this blog. Thank you.

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Black & White Petite Box Swap

Counting My Blessings Stitchalong!

Paris Petite Box Swap

Paris Petite Box Swap

Join the Party!

39 Squares

Secret Garden Swap!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from dishyvintage. Make your own badge here.

Dishy Vintage's Fan Box

Blogs I Love